The RS-BA1 allows you to use your ham shack at a distance, whether you are in another room in your home or in another state. As long as you have internet access, you can get on the air.
- Low latency provides the same operational experience as using an actual radio plus high quality audio over an IP network.
- Most functions and modes of your transceiver, including interference rejection functions and IF filter settings, can be controlled using CI-V commands.
- Remote power ON/OFF function wakes up the IC-7600 from standby mode.
Interface tailored to Icom transceivers
This Icom exclusive software gives you most functions and modes from your Icom transceiver in your ham shack.
- Several separate windows for CW keyer settings, voice memory, SSB passband settings for both transmit and receive, and filter settings.
- Slider control or tuning knob control screens are selectable for RF power, CW pitch, RF gain, and SQL and AF level.
- Rx Voice recording function.
- View the spectrum scope with the waterfall function. It provides a high speed, high resolution spectrum scope equivalent to the main unit (For a single band on only the IC-7851, 7850 and 7300).
Connecting your Icom transceiver
The IC-7851, IC-7850, IC-7800 or IC-7700 has a built-in Network function, so only an Ethernet cable is needed.
The IC-9100, IC-7600, IC-7410, IC-7300, IC-7200 or IC-7100 can be connected to a PC with a USB cable and the input/output audio signal and CI-V command is sent through the USB cable.
The IC-756PROII/III, IC-746PRO, IC-7400 or IC-7000 can be connected to a PC with an audio cable and RS-232C cable through CT-17 CI-V level converter*.
*RS-BA1 operation with the Base station's PC connected to the radio's ACC socket, MIC connector, or S/P DIF jack for audio communication cannot be guaranteed.
*Depending on your radio, a few functions or modes cannot be used, or you need to update the radio's firmware to operate the CW keyer, using the RS-BA1