Digital and Analog FM Capable
There is no reason to lose communications with friends who have not yet chosen to transition to Digital. The FTM-100DR performs perfectly well using both Analog FM and C4FM Digital, and can flawlessly integrate into either operating environment.
Rugged Powerful Transmitter
Transmitter RF Power Output: 50 W / 20 W / 5 W. Modulation Type: F1D, F2D, F3E: Variable Reactance Modulation, F7W: 4FSK (C4FM)
High Audio Output Power
Loud 3 Watt Audio Outputs with the internal speaker. 8 Watt output using Optional External Speaker (MLS-200-M10)
Large BUSY/TX Indicator
Two large and vibrant multi-colored BUSY/TX LED status indicators clearly show the current operating state of the transceiver, turning Green when receiving an analog FM transmission and blue when receiving digital.
• The top half lights green when in the BUSY/RX state.
• The top half lights red during transmission.
• The bottom half lights blue while receiving or transmitting digital voice signals.
• The bottom half lights white while receiving or transmitting digital data.
• The bottom half blinks blue when receiving the signal containing a different TONE frequency or DCS code other than the one configured.
Built-in 66 channel GPS receiver and antenna provides location, time, direction and APRS® information. A GPS Logging Function is included.
1200/9600bps APRS® (Automatic Packet Reporting System) Data communication capability included.
Law abiding (where required) Hands-free operation is available by using the optional wireless Bluetooth® unit and headset. Optional Bluetooth® unit (BU-2) required.
Voice Guide and Recording Function
Optional Voice Guide Unit (FVS-2) announces your current operating frequency, band change and APRS® messages. You can record up to 5 minutes of received signals, or continuously record the last 30 seconds of received audio.
Digital Group Monitor (GM) Function
The digital GM function automatically checks whether members registered to a group are within the communication range, and displays information such as the distance and orientation for each call sign on the screen. This useful function not only enables you to see which friends are within communication range, it also permits you to see at a glance where all group members are located. Additionally, this function can be used to send messages and image data between group members. The Digital Group Monitor applies to direct communications between members; it is not applicable through a repeater.
This is valuable feature for public service group activites, Search & Rescue operations, and any number of other uses limited only by your imagination!
108 - 137 MHz (Air Band)
137 - 174 MHz (144 MHz HAM)
174 - 400 MHz (GEN1)
400 - 480 MHz (430 MHz HAM)
480 - 999.99 MHz (GEN2) Cellular Blocked (North American model)
144 - 146 MHz or 144 - 148 MHz
430 - 440 MHz or 430 - 450 MHz
Other Useful Features
- 500 Memory Channels for each A(Main) band and B(Sub) band
- Storage of the Memory channels and personal settings on an inserted micro SD card
- By using a micro SD card, it is easy to copy and transfer the radio data to other compatible radios
- Versatile Scanning Receiver for Monitoring Enthusiasts (VFO Scan, Memory Scan, etc)
- Digital Clock
- Timer function: Event timer with Lap or count down functions
- Receives and Forwards Digital Image Data (Does not support MH85A11U Camera Microphone).
* The Bluetooth® name and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such trademarks by Yaesu Co., Ltd. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
* APRS® is a registered trademark of Bob Bruninga, WB4APR.